It’s time for the November episode of our informal career series for students, and if I’m being honest, I think this is the coolest job title we’ve heard about yet…
Is your student interested in the Air Force?
Do they love puzzles, codes, and languages?
Do they talk about traveling overseas when they’re older?
If you answered “yes!” to the above, they need to hear from Rachel Lulich!
Rachel is a former Air Force cryptolinguist and current Civil Air Patrol volunteer. She’s going to share with us awesome insider details about…
- Joining the military
- Her job title and what it means
- What it’s really like to be deployed overseas
You’ll also hear about her life beyond the military, including her work as a near-future science fiction author actively launching the second book in her Fractured Galaxy series. (I read the first book, Random Walk, and loved it!)
If you haven’t heard, “Amanda Interviews…!” is my casual, monthly, Instagram Live interview series where we connect your student to professionals in creative, career, and athletic outlets.
Join us on Instagram Live @ Monday, Nov. 8th at 8 pm EST.
Show Notes and Replay Link
Find the replay here on my IGTV.
Find Rachel online at:
Basic Interview Outline with Timestamps
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:05 What is an Air Force cryptolinguist?
- 00:10 Breakdown of military branches
- 00:14 Overview of military service
- 00:17 Biggest challenge she faced in service
- 00:19 Most rewarding career highlight
- 00:23 Advice to students considering the Air Force
- 00:25 Civil Air Patrol
- 00:32 Rachel’s near-future science fiction
- 00:40 Random Walk
- 00:45 Giveaway details and Indigogo campaign