Happy new year, fellow homeschoolers!
Let’s kick off 2022 with some career enrichment for your student!
In this month’s episode of “Amanda Interviews…!”, we’re talking with book cover artist Lyndsey Lewellen. Lyndsey has designed over 200 book covers since 2012. She has experience with photo editing as well as designing with hand-drawn art.
If your student is looking for a way to make money with their art skills, Lyndsey has some excellent advice to offer.
Join us on Friday, January 7th, 2022 at 7:30 pm EST on my Instagram Live.
Show Notes & Replay Link
Find the replay here on my IGTV.
Basic Interview Outline with Timestamps
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:02 Big picture overview of book cover design
- 0:03 Ebook covers vs. paperback covers
- 0:05 Photo manipulation in covers
- 0:08 Recommended supplies
- 0:14 Client load and time management
- 0:16 How to research your prices
- 0:18 How Lyndsey got started in cover design
- 0:22 Skills for students
- 0:24 Lyndsey’s writing
- 0:26 Parting words of wisdom: YouTube tutorials!