Virtual Assistant Services
Blog Post Cleanup
- Edit blog posts for clarity, precision, and impact
- Proofread for typos and other mistakes
- Assign metadata
- Compose excerpt for SEO purposes
- Find and upload featured images
- Manage post scheduling
- Research potential podcasts and screen them for suitability
- Draft podcast pitches
- Facilitate scheduling
- Collect listen links from various platforms
- Maintain podcast appearances page on author website
- Handle non-critical communications to free your day for content creation
- Manage details on collaborations and interviews, saving you time
- Politely decline invitations on your behalf
- Follow up on conversations without taking away from your time
WordPress Website Management
- Create pages & posts in WordPress
- Design post category hierarchy
- Properly disclose affiliate links
- Site design with user in mind
- Insert custom code using HTML block (client must provide code)
- Integrate with email services
- Work with you to identify your goals
- Break large goals down into tasks
- Organize tasks by quarter and month
- Identify smaller steps within tasks
- Track progress (Trello is the preferred program)
- Adjust goals as your vision changes
- Create graphics using templates in paid tier of Canva
- Instagram posts & stories
- Facebook posts & events
- Hero images
- Graphic design for printed materials
- Business cards, book marks, posters, table runners
- Create and manage to-do lists
- Schedule staff, performers, volunteers
- Research venues
- Develop event program
- Plan marketing efforts
Library Program Pitching
- Insider-knowledge from previous career
- Help with drafting the program pitch and contacting libraries to get you in the door
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Help you build short-term and long-term partners with people serving the same audience as you
- Research existing collaboration opportunities
- Help you design new initiatives to invite others into
Baby Author Coaching
- Coach you on first steps and early decisions that will lay the foundation for your career
- Help you avoid common beginner mistakes
- Equip you with excellent ongoing educational resources
- Mentoring on how to pick your first book project strategically
Vellum Manuscript Creation
I can do that, too! Experienced creating…
- Lightly-illustrated children’s chapter books
- Historical picture book (Amazon listing pending)
- The Self Publishing Show, Mark Dawson (ongoing)
- The Creative Penn Podcast for Writers, Joanna Penn (ongoing)
- Novel Marketing, Author Media (ongoing)
- Sell More Books Show, Bryan Cohen (ongoing)
- Crush It On Kickstarter, Russell Nohelty (2022)
- Obscure No More, Author Media (ongoing)
- Book Launch Blueprint, Author Media (2021)
- How to Get Booked as a Podcast Guest, Author Media (2021)
- Christian Writers Guild (2009-2013)
- $0 to $1k/Month in Book Sales, Your First 10,000 Readers (2022)
- 5-Day Author Ad Profit Challenge, Bryan Cohen (2022)
- How to Run Author Group Promos, StoryOrigin (2022)
- Masters of Library & Information Science, Kent State (2016)
- English BA, Malone University (2014)
- Katie J. Trent | Christian, homeschool, inspirational, nonfiction (April 2021-December 2021)
- Susan M. Webb | Nonfiction, historical, children’s (January 2022-ongoing)
- Talitha Jario | Christian inspirational speaker (Summer 2022)
Book Launch Experience
- Raising Prayerful Kids: Fun and Easy Activities for Building Lifelong Habits of Prayer by Stephanie Thurling and Sarah Holmstrom (team member)
- Fruit Full: 100 Family Experiences for Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit by Christie Thomas (team member)
- Dishing Up Devotions: 36 Faith-Building Activities for Homeschooling Families by Katie J. Trent (team leader)
- Bertie: The Best Stuttering King by Susan M. Webb (team leader)
- Collar Cases books 1-3 (my books)
My Rate & Critical Info
My rate is $25/hour.
I consider temporary and long-term partnerships. You’ll get maximum value for your money if you are an author serving the Christian community, especially homeschoolers and/or children and teens.
I do not work with erotica material.
“I can’t afford an assistant!”
You might be surprised.
How much money am I losing by paying myself to do mundane tasks?
How much could I increase my income if I wrote more books, faster?
Free Your Time & Protect Your Budget
You and I will work together to establish an hourly cap.
(Example: 10 hours/week, 5 hours/month, etc.)
This allows you to decide how much you want to spend on support services each month.
When it comes to paying for an assistant, the question you need to ask yourself is: How much more money could you be making by focusing on the tasks only you can do?
Anyone can clean up your blog posts, pitch podcasts, and manage your inbox.
Only you can write the material you’re meant to write. Hiring an assistant helps free you from ordinary tasks so that you can focus on the ultimate objective: write more.
As an author myself, I know how hard you worked to earn every dime of your money. So I guard your time with the ferver of a Rottweiler! I’ll get as much done as possible within your limit, and I’ll never go over without approval.
You’ll receive timesheet reports from me at the end of each period with a breakdown of how your time was spent. I also send you regular progress reports as I finish tasks.
Got a short-term project like…
- Building a new website?
- Creating an onboarding sequence?
- Learning how to list a book on KDP for the first time?
I love short-term projects!
Need ongoing help with a few small tasks? Let’s talk!
We’ll schedule a free consultation so we can discuss your needs and evaluate if I am a good fit to help. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Prospective VA Client: Your Name” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest! It’s an honor to support fellow authors. All my best,
1967 East Maple Street
North Canton OH 44720